Central Presbyterian Church
Youth Ministry Intern
Our motto is "Making Christ Central" and we seek to apply this motto in our worship and work. We believe Christ is calling us to - GATHER as God’s people, GROW as disciples, and GO into the world as ministers of Jesus Christ. All Central Presbyterian staff members are Christians and members of a local church, but not Central Presbyterian.
Title - Youth Ministry Intern
The youth intern(s) will be responsible for assisting with and/or leading ministries to Middle School and High School students. The position is part-time, 10 hours/$100 per week, ordinarily Sundays and Wednesday evenings. The ideal candidate will be available for a 12 month period, though not required.
The Youth Intern is supervised by and directly accountable to the Associate Pastor who is under the Senior Pastor.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a deep and growing faith in Jesus Chris
- Be passionate about youth
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart
- Be a team player
- Possess a willingness to learn and grow
- Have demonstrated ability to lead and/or teach
- Be willing to commit to Ministry position of Youth Intern for a period of one year
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation to and from church
To be a leader in Youth Ministry, to include the following:
1. Live out the gospel, not seeking perfection but embracing transparency and grace.
2. Grow in maturity as a Christian servant and leader.
3. Build relationships with students and families.
4. Teach, lead and/or plan youth group times and youth events.
5. Lead/teach Wednesday night youth ministry group(s) and other discipleship opportunities for
6. Help plan and lead overnight retreats and trips, as scheduled, primarily summer months.
6. Demonstrate appropriate boundaries in life, relationships and ministry.
7. Attend CPC Sunday morning worship and Sunday school consistently and regularly.
8. Meet weekly with Associate Pastor, reflecting on ministry principles, evaluating ministry
experiences and planning future ministry opportunities.
9. Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org.